Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29

Morning Ramble

Well, well here we are again. Sitting through another boring day of “I’m working in here so don’t bother me” AKA doing nothing and liking it. I am of the opinion that I know no one powerful enough to help my cause. You see I am a college graduate with a double major and all and I still can’t get a good job. OK so the position title I have is sweet but the pay is shitty. I am not pidgin holed into a career that I do not want. To be honest I just want to sit and do meaningful things with my day or I want to be an artist. Doing my own thing, owning my studio and a little shop to thin out the goods every now and then, is that all too much to ask? I was great in college I even managed to make around 2 grand a semester at it after space and materials, so I guess I was ok.

Well that is not the problem with these days, though a job that paid me enough to pay all my bills and have some extra to save seeing as social security in this place is about as tight as a career red district hooker. But NO it is all well the economy is shit so we are going to pay all new people shit, which gets me to my next gripe. I want a job closer to home that pays a bit more where I do not want to kill myself rather than have to get out of bed and waste the precious minutes of my almost finished youth. I should at least make enough to go to the damn beach every once and a while I only like 2 hours from the damn thing and I live within a military family so cabins on the beach are like 70 a night and I still can’t afford it. Shit, oh and here’s the real HUGE kicker. Sometimes we just don’t get paid. Like this week. No money, it is a freakin holiday for fucks sake and I shall be broke as hell unless I hit the lotto. And you bet I play, it is like buying a small pink piece of hope once or twice a week. It keeps you thinking one day life could be drastically better for you and your family.

That’s right my family, If I was to win some money it would all be about making life a hell of a lot better for myself and them. Debt – Paid the hell off, houses – bought, cars – purchased (or at least fixed). If I won enough I would make sure that my parent’s never had to worry about a thing. Then I would lay it all out for me and C.

Not that I would go all SHOPPING SPREE. Though there is need for that. I would buy the essentials, house, furniture, car, lawyer, stuff needed. Not things wanted. If I won a billion dollars (that’s at least that much after Uncle Sam takes that hella huge tax out of it) I would quit my job, go on vacation, ask C if he wanted to keep his job or chuck it all and go back to school. I am no dummy a billion dollars isn’t going to last forever. So the plan is that we both have businesses up and running and turning a profit before the cash has a chance to run out. Not to mention that there will be a nice little retirement fund waiting for our old age.

Life will then be about living to the fullest. No more of this soul sucking nine to five crap. Not that I wouldn’t work hellish hours at my art but those are hours of enjoyment that just so happen to make you money. Yes thats the life for me. No more of this broke as, needing a raise crap for me. Oh well I guess thats it for the coffee hour.

Kay

No comments: